Toad's Hints, Tips and Freeware
Hints and Tips
1. Google Instant provides suggestions for you
when using Google Search and is hard to block. Here is an alternative Google Search link without this "feature":
Google Search without Google Instant
2. Don't forget how useful Windows Notebook is for copying stuff to Word or OE when you only need the text. Copy and paste into Notebook then Copy and paste into your application.
3. As you are editing your work, save your backup copies as a sequence such as
"mywork1.doc", mywork2.doc", "mywork3.doc" and so on.
This can be a lifesaver eg when a sudden power failure removes your "mywork.doc" file completely (you will still have the previous backups).
1. TClock allows you to modify the clock on the taskbar in Windows to include the day, month etc. Fully conformable.
2. Set up a sandbox so that websites cannot leave ANYTHING on your local drive eg trojans. Delete the sandbox contents after surfing (there is an option to retain the items that you want to keep). Doesn't slow down surfing. Surf safe!
3. Paint.net is a powerful yet simple tool for photo and image editing. It has support for layers, blending, transparency, and plugins.
4. Translation software par excellence.